Thursday, April 15, 2010

Introducing our team of cyclists

Our team of intrepid riders would like to introduce themselves to to our followers:-

Christophe Daniel

Hello everyone,
I introduce myself so that you know more about me aka "totof" I'm 44 years married for 18 years, 4 children 3 girls and 1 boy. I have worked for Johnson Controls since 1995.

I live in Draguignan located in the var (southern France) and I started cycling in 2005 to take part in a triathlon before I reached 50!
I have not had the opportunity to practice this type of ride and I acknowledge that I have no experience regarding the concentration of effort required. I'm a little scared but this also motivates me a lot. Personally I am ready physically without any worries.

Cordially Christophe

Carsten Eltner

Hi guys,

My name is Carsten, I am 44 years old. I live in Chemnitz together with my girlfriend and my 7 months old son. Chemnitz, where about 220.000 people live, is situated in Saxony, eastern part of Germany and there are mountains 300 to 1200 meters high.

I have been Johnson Controls since 1995. My position at Johnson Controls is a System Application Engineer. Some of my favourite hobbys (too much) are cycling, skiing (cross-country, downhill), trekking, photography, geocaching ...

I'm looking forward to our adventure and I'm sure we will get great time.

Best regards and see you,

Carsten

Andy Gray

Hello,

Have worked for Johnson Controls for 15 years all in Service but in numerous roles. I think I may be he new boy when it comes to cycling though. I only took it up at the beginning of last year when I signed up for the London to Paris ride. Each year I do a charity event (or challenge) hence at the time it seemed a good idea!!!

Following the ride a few of us decided to do Paris to Geneva this year .........hence have kept up the cycling. Splashed out at Christmas and bought a Boardman Special Edition bike........my first full road bike, which is an experience in itself!

My other interests i(apart from the occasional mad excursion) include Photography, Jewellery making and am also a qualified football referee and enjoy the 'beautiful' game. I’m married with 1 son, who also works for Johnson Controls and live in Kent in south east England.

Look forward to meeting with you all and sharing what will undoubtedly be a challenging but memorable trip.

Andy

Linda Hammoudi

Bonjour tout le monde,

Tout d'abord, très heureuse de participer à l'aventure, et impatiente de rencontrer l'équipe avec laquelle je vais vivre ce périple. Concernant mon parcours de "cycliste", je suis membre d'une association qui s'appelle "Euphonie". Cette dernière organise des séjours-formations un peu partout en Europe, qui permettent de favoriser la gestion de l'effort, le développement personnel et tout ce qui se rapporte au bien-être mental.

J'ai participé à un de ces séjours qui s'est déroulé en Irlande sur un parcours de 750 kilomètres, avec au maximum 105 kilomètres par jour.

Une expérience de ma vie qui m’a beaucoup marqué, tant sue le plan humain que sur celui de l'effort qu'un parcours tel que celui-ci demande.

Mais paradoxalement, l'effort en roulant à vélo est très bénéfique pour le mental, une sensation de liberté inouïe, d’autant plus que cet effort est fait pour promouvoir un but bien précis, donc pour la motivation, c’est un gros plus !
Pour nous, il s'agira d'une action aussi importante, mais dans un contexte différent.

Et pour ma part, au-delà de l’action, une conviction et une réelle opportunité de promouvoir et favoriser l'efficacité énergétique de cette façon.
Voilà donc mon histoire de « cycliste » et mes motivations.

A bientôt,

Linda

Luc Princen
With this mail I want to introduce myself: I think that I can play the role of interpreter: normally, I speak Dutch. But, French and English I know as well. So, I can a play the role of "bridge" between both sides during our trip..
In daily life, I am a sales guy for Johnson Controls for more then 25 years already. I am 48 years old.

A few years ago, I started to bike. And biking became more and more a part of my life (During my free time). Till now, I never did trips like some of you already did (London-Paris, trip in Ireland etc ). This seems to be fantastic. I want to listen to your stories.

Our trip to Monaco, I do it of course for energy efficiency but also to remind two persons: my youngest cousin, only 36 years old and my sales mentor, both suffering from cancer.

Those two will bike in mind with me during our trip.

See you in Brussels,

Luc

The team also includes:-

John Hein(USA but lives in Belgium)

Simon Letch (England)

Frank Tougeron (France)

This ride will be a physically demanding and any messages of support will really help motivate the riders. So if you know any of the riders or just want to show your support for the team, get involved and post a message.

The postings on this blog do not represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Johnson Controls

1 comment:

  1. Carsten, a full carbon frame etal! A bike such as this will probably need no help from you to get to Monte Carlo. I am just joking of course, this sounds like a very challenging, yet rewarding trip. Ride safely, I wish you good weather and no flat tires. My very best to you for this amazing adventure. Richard

    Will be following your wonderful trip, best to you and all your companions! Our heat is turned off!! Kay

    ReplyDelete